(This Q&A should only be read after you finish the whole novel. To avoid spoilers, please start reading from chapter 1.)
1. Will the new Fang Lin become the businessman Fang Lin?
A: No, the one Sheyan is trying to revive will be the businessman Fang Lin.
2. Did your wife write the ending?
A: Erm...wait, let me ask her.
3. What's the point of the character Jessica?
A: Rather than struggling together to maintain a situation of hardship, is it not better to forget each other in search of greener pastures?
4. What's the point of keeping Rocky alive?
A: It shows that all the strong guys always leave a way out for themselves.
5. When Reyno spoke of "a descendant of that guy" (in chapter 1168), was he referring to the descendant of the businessman Fang Lin or the murderer Fang Lin? And why is he searching for a successor?
(TL: Reyno is actually an important character from the prequel Ace Evolution, and he's ridiculously strong. The reason the author made Sheyan an MT was precisely because he had so much fun writing about Reyno.)
A: The "descendant" refers to a descendant of the murderer Fang Lin. The reason Reyno is looking for a successor is because he actually wants to enter a Nightmare Realm again.
6. What exactly is the path of the strongest MT? (In my original plan, Sheyan's title would be upgraded to "Immortal".)
7. Is Strive's innate ability similar to Sheyan's? If Sheyan's innate ability is a materialisation of the source energy, why does Strive have a similar innate?
A: Strive's innate ability is different. His father is not dead yet, so he has not inherited his father's source energy. Strictly speaking, because he possesses the bloodline of the Orochi clan from The King of Fighters, his ultimate form should be the Yamata no Orochi (TL: This is presumably a plot point in Ace Evolution). On the other hand, Sheyan is evolving towards the form of his mother Realm.
8. What happened to 'Flesh Explosion'? What is the effect of the 'Smith Matrix Microchip'? What kind of aura was Reef supposed to get? What kind of aura was Sheyan supposed to get? Where is the Dingyuan? What about title synthesis? In your original vision, to what extent can titles be synthesised and what kind of functions will it achieve?
A: 'Flesh Explosion' is a short term skill that has poor growth, similar to the legendary 'Fireball', so it was eventually marginalised. The setting of 'Smith Matrix Microchip' conflicted with G-Spot, so I have chosen to selectively ignore it. The final form of Sheyan's aura should be an aura that suppresses all other MT auras. It possesses no effect on its own, but it will prevent the auras of other MTs from taking effect. The Dingyuan is naturally sailing joyfully in the Pirates of the Caribbean world. The title synthesis described in the novel is already the final form.
9. What happened to "tearing apart the Matrix's Hallucination" mentioned in the novel synopsis? Was the world of The Matrix supposed to be the place where Sheyan acquires 'Pestilence Monarch' in your original outline, but you then changed your mind?
A: It's hard to write about The Matrix because most of it is based on illusions, so I avoided it.
10. In your original outline, can the Dzi beads be used for any other purposes?
11. Can you publish your original outline, please?
A: I've lost it after reformatting my computer.
12. The golden badge wasn't used. What does it actually do?
A: You can unlock a party mission with three golden badges.
13. Why did Sheyan think Jinkuang felt familiar?
A: I often think that the beautiful girls I meet on the street look familiar too, even though I've never actually seen them before.
14. First generation Nightmare Realms don't have a resurrection function, right? How would Fang Lin resurrect his teammates? Even if he joins a new Noah Realm, the new Realm wouldn't have his teammates' genetic samples...
A: Technically speaking, the first generation Nightmare Realm had actually evolved once. After it was beaten at the end of Ace Evolution, it did attempt to evolve. Unfortunately, the evolution failed... However, it did gain the resurrection function. Genetic samples can be acquired by traveling across time and space, but it would consume source energy.
15. Are the Realms unique? Will other parallel universes contain a Realm with the same number? Among the 8 first generation Realms, we know that one is flawed, but what happened to the other 7?
A: The Realms are indeed unique. They can reproduce through fission, ie. by splitting up. The remaining 7 of the 8 first generation Realms have either successfully evolved or have become nutrients for the next generation of Realms.
16. What is Big Ben?
A: The Big Ben is a landmark building in London. If you're referring to the Big Ben in the book, it's a laboratory formed through the partnership between the deformed first generation Realm and the Empire. It is highly valued by the Empire because it can prolong the life of the royal family.
17. Why won't a situation where two different Realms take in the same person occur?
A: The Realms maintain the most basic level of data sharing between them. When a certain Realm takes in a certain person, the other Realms would know about it.
18. Is Brother Black still a Growth Hunter after his resurrection? In the real world, his accidental death has already been arranged, so how does he return back to reality? After all, he's leading a bunch of underlings in the real world.
A: Yes, he's still a Growth Hunter. The Realm can modify memories of those in the real world. For example, if his death was explained as a shipwreck, the Realm can arrange for him to miraculously survive and come back.
19. In your original outline, did Sheyan conquer the seven seas?
A: No, I think this much is enough.
20. What will 'Death's Lament' become when it evolves again? In chapter 1171, you wrote: "Information obtained from a similar ability from an external database? External database....doesn't that mean the other Realms? There's actually a guy whose direction of evolution is similar to mine?" Is this guy Strive?
A: The evolution of 'Death's Lament' is 'Immortality'. And yes, the guy is Strive, but it's a misconception.
21. Why did the assassins from the world of Harry Potter only come to kill Sheyan once? Is it because Noah Realm C interfered and protected Sheyan in secret?
A: OK, I admit, it's because I forgot about them.
22. With the arrival of the Ents on Sheyan's Earth, what will the Earth become in the future? Will it become a world that combines magic and technology?
A: Well, I haven't thought that far ahead yet.
23. Sheyan has inherited a large amount of source energy. Will a lot of other Sheyans in other parallel universes appear? Are there other variations of Strive in other parallel universes too? Has he tried assassinating some of them? If that's the case, is it possible for another Strive to hunt and kill the current Strive too?
A: I haven't thought about the first question. As for the second question, because Strive isn't an important multiverse node, he's not worth killing.
24. What is Old Charlie's identity and character setting?
A: Old Charlie was supposed to kill Gandalf in the LOTR world through a dream, but I went in a different direction in the end.
25. What happened to Strive? Has he returned to the real world and rejoined another Realm to begin anew, or is he dead?
A: The Realm he belongs to has been destroyed, so of course he's dead.
26. Is there only one Creator? If the Creator created the Realms, then he should possess a large amount of source energy, so shouldn't there be a lot of him? If there are a lot of him, won't there be many Realms with the same number? Or is the Creator a group?
A: The Creator are the masters of the universes in the last Era. They created the Nightmare Realms to help their own population survive the Great Destruction. The Great Destruction refers to the moment when the universes collapse and shrink back to the Starting Point. Unfortunately, only the Realms managed to survive the Great Destruction.
27. What are the specific differences between a new Realm and an old Realm? What additional functions did Noah Realm C gain after evolving?
A: A new Realm can stack more dimensions and has lower chances of encountering Bugs or collapsing. The ultimate reason a Realm evolves is to protect the contestants so that they can survive the next Great Destruction and make it to the next Era.
28. Who was the mysterious person who made contact with Sheyan when he upgraded his rank?
A: Just a minor character making a cameo appearance, like the Miner.
29. What happened to the Blackthorns?
A: Happily evolving on Planet Pandora, of course.
30. Contestant, Growth Hunter, Awakener, Temperer, Executor, Arbiter. What comes after the Arbiter?
A: I haven't considered it.
31. Why was Jinkuang willing to follow Sheyan out of the Harry Potter world, and how did he appear in the Harry Potter world in the first place?
A: Jinkuang made a mistake. He's a soul fragment of Wretched Fu (Fang Lin's servant in Ace Evolution), so, to him, Sheyan felt very familiar, and because of that, he followed Sheyan back to Sheyan's Nightmare Realm. As for why Jinkuang was in the Harry Potter world, it's because Wretched Fu's soul was torn apart and scattered across multiple planes during the epic fight between murderer Fang Lin and businessman Fang Lin.
32. Who are the other brothers of Strive, Soar and Bind?
A: Never thought about it.
33. Didn't 'Ambition' have 7 brothers? What are they? What are the conditions for further evolution?
A: I haven't thought about the first question, but the condition for 'Verdict's' evolution is to rack up a certain amount of kills, then be upgraded using rare minerals.
34. If all the Realms maintained a certain level of basic communication, why didn't they realise the abnormality of the first generation Realm right away?
A: The first generation Realm knew that it had a big problem and was afraid of being consumed, so it cut off the connection.
35. What will happen to Melody?
A: She'll be a mistress.
36. If Sheyan is killed by a low damage attack, such as a succession of micro impacts, will 'Death's Lament' only heal by a tiny amount, or will it count the total damage within a certain frame of time?
A: There's a minimum restoration amount of 20% HP, but yes, it will only count the last hit.
37. If there are contestants from other Eras why didn't you let Sheyan fight them? If Sheyan is already strong enough to solo kill the Cardinal, who you mentioned is the peak existence of the current Era, why didn't the Realms do something about him?
A: The Cardinal was the peak existence in the Era the first time Sheyan encountered him, but unfortunately, that's no longer the case the second time Sheyan saw him.
38. Does the mental patient in the last chapter look anything like the original Fang Lin? How will Fang Lin rejoin a Realm, and which Realm will he join? Will he join Noah Realm C and try to get into Party Ace to find a chance to kill Sheyan?
A: The young mental patient is a completely different person who looks nothing like the original Fang Lin. He merely has a highly compatible life wavelength with Fang Lin. But because Fang Lin's source energy can modify him, he now has excellent potential. The rest of the question will probably be addressed in a subsequent novel.
39. What about my beloved Brother Paul?! What about Melody?! How can Sheyan simply make babies with Zi?! You wrote all that, but it feels like in the end, all Sheyan needed to do was gain the approval of his Realm! What's the point of going through so much hardship to acquire the 'Stairway of the Sun' when in the end, the most useful thing was still the flesh armour given by the Realm?
A: The 'Stairway of the Sun' etc. were crucial in surviving all those dangerous missions the Realm assigned to him. He only managed to gain the approval of the Realm after that.
40. The fruit of Aladdin's Magic Lamp doesn't feel very difficult to obtain despite being the Realms' favourite thing. Why didn't Zeus just use one to revive the Metal Professor the last time she died?
A: It might not seem very difficult to get a fruit from Aladdin's Magic Lamp, but to gather all the lamp parts is extremely difficult!
41. Is there any plan to rewrite the second half of the novel?
A: Well, everything's possible, but I'm very satisfied with the second half at least up to the world of the LOTR. The LOTR world I think is my peak standard.